3 Simple Slimming Morning Routines
Does your morning routine rev up your metabolism or squelch it?
Wouldn't it be great waking up feeling refreshed and knowing your setting up your metabolism to fire throughout your day? There are either night owls or early birds. I was cut from the early bird sort of cloth. Mornings have always been my favorite time of the day. It's a new start, there are no regrets, and my thoughts are most clear.
Whether you enjoy mornings or not. Whether or not you have time to linger over your hot coffee. Here are three simple slimming morning routines to start the day feeling fresh.
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic
- I learned about this daily detoxing vinegar tonic from one of my favorite health bloggers, Empowered Sustenance. One of the benefit of drinking first thing in the morning is that it stimulates the liver, which is responsible for detoxifying our body. Why not continue the detox process after waking up? It also can calm heartburn and can be taken at the first sign of discomfort. Taking this tonic with meals may also help with digestion by lowering the stomach pH. ACV has a anti glycemic effect as well which will help your blood sugar levels from spiking after breaking your overnight fast. Here is a comprehensive list of 20 apple cider vinegar benefits to get you even more motivated about sipping on this fine elixir.
Along with drinking this tonic, challenge yourself to drink at least one full glass of water before enjoying a hot cup of coffee.
2.) Lymphatic Facial Massage
- I am the last girl to implement something like a "lymphatic facial massage" in my morning routine. It sounded like a luxury only for millionaire with nannies. Then I tried it. This 5-10 minute daily (most days) routine is a game changer for my skin and leaves me feeling 5 pounds lighter in my face. There are some fancy tools you can use to help get your lymphatic system firing to release extra fluid, however you can also use your hand, and coconut oil on hand to get the same benefits. This is great especially during cold season and allergy season.
- A facial lymph drainage massage is used to move fluid out of your tissues into lymph nodes where bacteria, viruses and other harmful microorganisms are destroyed.Why your face? There are many lymph nodes in your face and neck, which help to protect you against pathogens that can enter your body through your eyes, nose and mouth.
reduces swelling and puffiness
stimulates immune system
increases circulation of white blood cells
How to do it:
- I listen to my favorite podcasts or the You Version Bible App while I face massage. This short tutorial video is helpful to getting started. Make sure you have coconut oil or another neutral massage oil you can use.
3.) think right.
- If you want to be lean or stay lean you have to do what lean people do. In order to do what lean people do, you have to think like lean people think. As Christians, this pursuit of health is not vain. It is actually another form of worship to care for the only body we will ever get on earth.
You have to start off your day not only doing the right things, but also thinking the right things.
Invite the Holy Spirit to lead your day, including what you eat, and how you move. Thank Him for all the gifts of the Holy Spirit, including self control. Take a moment to thank Him, and visualize your body as strong, capable and beautiful. Check out my free daily body image freedom & health prayer you can speak out loud daily over yourself and your kids.
Plus what you think effects hormones, which in effect control how much you eat and how your body utilizes the food you consume (i.e. either fuel or fat storage!). So thinking right is not just a nice idea, it literally changes your DNA and controls your body composition.
What is part of your morning ritual that helps keep you on track?
Train in your lane,