Low Carb Grain Free Waffles
If eating Paleo is your jam - or grains don't sit well with you. Relax Max.
I've got the perfect waffle recipe for you.
These are basically fool proof. Which is the only reason they made it on the FMG menu. As you can see with the waffle pictured, these were leftovers I put in the toaster.
I like 'em crispy as you can see! I always make double batches of pancakes, waffles, or healthy baked goods for freezing and eating throughout the week. As much as waffles are the joy of any brunch menu, cleaning the waffle iron is not.
So, why not use the griddle once while it's hot?
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, if you are using savory toppings
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- coconut oil, bacon grease or butter for iron
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk.
- Add almond flour and salt. Combine until smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil or butter.
- Whisk egg whites until they form moist, stiff peaks.
- Fold about ¼ of egg whites into batter. Fold batter into remaining egg whites in three parts.
- Add coconut sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Scoop 1/3 C. of batter onto a preheated and greased waffle iron. Close the lid gently.
- Cook until golden brown.
Nut butter will ALWAYS be my topping of choice with a sprinkle of pure maple syrup, black berries, cinnamon and some raw honey.
But that's just me.
What's your favorite way to top a waffle (or make a sandwich out of it??)?
Eat in your lane,