Creamy Tahini Sauce + Zero Carb Noodles
do zero carb noodles exist?
Yes, yes they do. Heaven on earth for my low carb compadres.
What are they?
Miracle Noodle is a well known brand that makes no carb noodles and rice. Although Miracle noodle is a new company the concept is ancient. Traditionally called Shiratake noodles, these bad boys have been enjoyed in Japan for over 1,400 years. They are made from the Konjac plant - 97% water and 3& soluble fiber plus a natural calcium additive to help keep their form.
I wonder what other culinary secrets are hidden in Japan?
Plain and simple, these noods really are miraculous and amazing.
Do shiratake noodles have health benefits?
It keeps getting better, not only are these almost zero carb they also have health benefits:
- Packed with soluble fiber, they help to filling you up
- Help to balance cholesterol levels
- Slow digestion of food increasing nutrients absorbed
- Stabilizes and balances blood sugars by not causing high insulin spikes
- Perfect for people following keto, paleo, grain free, vegan and low carb diets
Creamy Tahini Sauce + noodles
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt, pepper
- Heat a small skillet. You can add a little bit of vegetable broth, grass-fed butter or avocado oil. Fry the garlic for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a blender. Add tahini, water, and lemon juice, cumin and season with salt and pepper. Process until completely smooth.
- Prepare noodles according to Miracle Noodle package. Set aside.
- Combine tahini sauce with noodles to your creamy preference. Make sure to combine on the stove on warm or in a bowl. The sauce will easily overcook and stick in a hot pan. Depending on how many noodles you make you should have plenty of sauce left over which is a great condiment to have around. (See below!)
other creamy tahini Serving Suggestions
miracle noodles don't have much nutrient value - pair creamy tahini noodles, or sauce alone with something else DELICIOUS & NUTRITIOUS.
serve noodles with Stir fry veggies, or protein like chicken, edamame, beef, tofu, or pork. I love this super easy sheet pan stir fry you can simply dump on top of your ZERO CARB (heck yes) noodles.
Serve alongside greek seasoned meat off the grill.
serve creamy noodles Cold sprinkled with sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and shelled edamame.
serve Creamy Tahini sauce as a dip! High in healthy fat and low in carbohydrates it can be used in place of hummus, dipping sauce for meat, on top of salads, or tossed into roasted veggies!
Note: Tahini is sold at most grocery stores. I've found the best deal to be at Trader Joe's or online stores like Vitacost.
Have you ever tried shiratake noodles? What is your favorite way to prepare them?
Eat in your lane,