Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Vegan peanut butter cookie dough.
Eat it, bake it, top it, roll it, love it. This is my go to treat of choice. Especially after a hard strength workout or as a weekly "treat yo self".
One year I requested it in replacement of a birthday cake. A tradition I think I need to rekindle.
This cookie dough is essentially your childhood dream come true.
Cookie dough you can eat out of the bowl and not worry about the muffin top expanding or raw eggs getting the best of you...
My favorite way to eat this vegan peanut butter cookie dough is rolling them up in tablespoon sized balls and enjoying with my Dandy Blend or coffee. The second runner up is throwing a few tablespoons of dough on top of my daily smoothie. Cookie dough ice cream anyone??
It's cookie dough you can feel good about. low in sugar (plus a sugar free option), high in fiber, protein and healthy fat. a healthy carb option with good fat to keep you full and satisfied.
- 1 can chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice (I prefer almond milk)
- 1/4 cup honey or coconut sugar (substitute 1 teaspoon stevia for sugar free)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup (Enjoy Life) chocolate chips *optional
1. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined. Add more almond milk if not mixing well.
Add chocolate chips to mixture. Shape into tablespoon size balls.
2. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Pro tip #1: Form into mini "cookie dough" balls to top your smoothies or ice cream with for a healthy cookie dough ice cream. Other options include eating by the spoonful with tea or coffee for an afternoon snack.
Pro tip #2: Yes, you can bake these if you wish for a real cookie. Preheat oven to 350*, shape into tablespoon size balls pressing lightly with your palm, and bake for about 10 minutes. If you bake add in 1 teaspoon baking powder to cookie dough mix!
Eat in your lane,
What's your favorite kind of cookie?