Apple Spice Muffins
My sweet sister came over yesterday for our weekly date. She walked in with a bag full of apples the size of me and some home made apple sauce in hand. Conclusion? What else, but start brewing a batch of applesauce myself and bake some Spiced Apple Muffins! Thanks to Wellness Mama we followed this super easy recipe. Grain, refined sugar, and dairy free of course!
The muffins are not overly sweet, but great with almond butter or coconut oil with a dab of raw honey...
Apple Spice Muffins:
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (store bought should work too)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2-3 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 T honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with immersion blender or whisk until well mixed.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Use ⅓ cup measure to spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched on the top.
- Let cool 2 minutes, drizzle with honey (if desired) and serve.
Homemade Apple Sauce:
- 5 Lbs Apples
- 1 1/2 Cinnamon
- 1 T Nutmeg
- 1/4 T Sea Salt
- Quarter and core apples.
- Add 1/2 C water in with apples and simmer on medium - high heat. Cover and stir occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Use food processor or hand blender to blend apples. Blend to desired consistency. (We like ours chunky!)
- Add spices.
- Serve over ice cream, with pork, in smoothies.
- Refrigerate or freeze.